Clara Tyner School values student involvement at school and encourages students to participate as much as possible in school activities. Involvement provides opportunities for students to accept and demonstrate responsibility and to build self-confidence. Some of the ways in which students may become involved in school activities include:
- School Patrols: Students in grade 6 can serve as school patrols under A.M.A. guidance with a teacher coordinator. Patrols are on duty 15 minutes before school opening in the morning, and 15 minutes after dismissal at the end of the day.
- Intramural Program: Grade 3 - 6 students are all encouraged to participate in the recess sports program. A variety of activities are offered throughout the year, such as floor hockey, dodge ball and more.
- Running Club: Students in grades 4-6 are invited to join the club and train for city-wide running events.
- Music Events: Extra-curricular opportunities such as choir or hand bells are offered throughout the year.
- Hall Monitors: Students in grade 5 serve as hall monitors during the recess breaks. These volunteers support any students that require assistance going outside and provide help to students needing to enter the building during the break.
- Earth Guardians: Students in grade 4 participate in initiatives that support recycling, composting and tend the Clara Tyner garden.
- Service Projects: All students at Clara Tyner are engaged in numerous service projects throughout the year. These projects are aligned with curriculum objectives and our character development traits. Examples are: Terry Fox Run; Jump Rope for Heart; 100 Can Challenge.